Sunday, April 28, 2013

I Love Reading :)

Well bloggers, I have just finished reading my 10th book this year.  That is a huge accomplishment for me.

I love to read.  It is so relaxing and I can take it with me wherever I go!  It requires no preparation, it doesn't make a mess.  It takes me to places I have never been, and will likely never go.  It helps me to understand things that I didn't pay much attention to before.  It teaches me things about people and places.  I learn new words and what they mean.  It lets me have great conversations with my friends about books they have read.  Reading is awesome.

I just finished reading a book called True Colors by Kristen Hannah!  It was great.  I highly recommend it.  I am not great at reviewing a book without giving all the good stuff away, but you can check out the synopsis here!


I love to switch things up and read different kinds of books.  My youngest son, Matt, has been reading a series and I think I am going to start that next.  It is fun to talk to him about the book and compare notes.  We read the first book in the Harry Potter series together and also the first 2 books in the Hunger Games series.  I finished the third book, but Matt still has to catch up.

I am always looking for new reading buddies, so if you have a favourite you would like to share with me, just leave me a note in the comments.

Photobucket

1 comment: