Wednesday, June 27, 2012

You Are My Sunshine - The Cutting Cafe

It is really amazing how busy your household can get when the kids are done school. I have 2 teenage boys that have a lot of friends and we seem to be the place to hang out. Don't get me wrong, I love that I get the chance to meet everyone and know where my boys are, but it sure can get crazy. Sometimes the only thing to do is run to my craft room and escape the chaos.

It is Wednesday, so that mean another reveal for The Cutting Cafe. This week I played with Under The Sea, which is a printable stamp set. I decided to import my image to my Silhouette and use the 'print & cut' feature and make my own die-cut for a layout.

IMG_7516

I also pulled out my Copic markers (don't look too closely......I haven't been practising). This fish was one of the many images that are available with this set. Isn't he adorable? I love that I can have the Silhouette cut around the printed image and create a perfect border around the design.

IMG_7517

I found some matching stickers from SRM to embellish my page. I mounted them on punched circles and used foam adhesive to raise them up.

IMG_7518

There were even some fish in the exact colours that I needed. I could not resist adding some stitching to my layout. I used floss from We R Memory Keepers and my favourite template to poke the holes.

IMG_7519

I combined stickers and a title from my Silhouette to make my title. I splattered the background with some Mister Huey mists to add a bit of colour.

IMG_7520

There are so many different images that come with the Under The Sea set that it is going to be really interesting to see what all the ladies create this week. Be sure to visit The Cutting Cafe blog and check it out. The post will be up sometime today!


Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. Wonderful layout! I love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the "sunshine-yness" of this layout. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awe man what a fun fantastic layout...your are the best...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool page Carolyn.... looking forward to the lesson where you will teach us in more details how to cut around a fish with the Silhouette....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab layout! Love the colours, that fish, and the subtle paint splatters!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, Carolyn, Love this layout.. I may need a tutorial on how to get the image into silhouette designer software to cut out around it like you did. I tried my best to figure it out and couldn't!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, love the bright Summery colours and glad to see you dug out the Copic's!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the new look of your blog!!! and that fish is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love all the details you put on your pages. Have to look ir over 2 -3 times to see everything. Cute Fish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the layout and use of brads!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome colors and layering...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully designed and coloured. YOur little details are magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the summery colours. Great job on stitching as usual! Love the cute fish!

    ReplyDelete