Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Party Banner - The Cutting Cafe

I am so happy to be posting to my blog again and getting back into my design team creations. I really enjoyed my visit to Southern California, but I really missed creating with my papers and embellishments.

This week at The Cutting Cafe we were able to play with an awesome Party Hat Shaped Card file. I decided to take the card and turn it into a birthday banner. I just slipped the ribbon through the fold (at the top) and it worked perfectly.

IMG_5904

A hand-stitched the circles with teal blue embroidery floss and I covered the chipboard letters with matching paper. I really like the different options that are available with this set to personalize your creations. I used the star overlay and the circle border for the trim of my hat.

IMG_5905

I used an older collection from My Mind's Eye to create my hats......it is called Hip Hooray!

IMG_5906

I topped my hats off with some fuzzy little pom poms (which my youngest cat just loved....she kept running off with them in her mouth).

IMG_5907

I hope you will visit The Cutting Cafe and check out this awesome cutting file. Also, visit their blog to see all of the projects by the design team (the post is done sometime on Wednesday).


Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. Love it! I'm glad you posted a pic of it up close, I couldn't tell where the stitching was and I just knew it had to be there somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally amazing!! Love the stitching and love the papers!! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzers! What an awesome banner! I just love the colours and the stitching....and those pom-poms are too fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is totally adorable! love how you turned it into a banner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to use the template as a banner! Love the detail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous project! I love the stitching and the pom-poms!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW STUNNING banner you did! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is sensational! I sense a class at TSF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This turned out awesome! Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing project. Love how you used the Party Hat set.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This banner looks so festive - I love the pompoms on your party hats. And your detailed shots are fantastic. Thanks for popping by my blog and leaving your comments - I really appreciate knowing what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is so so so so cute...I really love this...such amazing detail...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's good to get away, but always feels good to be back home! Love your banner, the colors, sewing and layering are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW!!! This is amazing!! I love the papers you used.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your banner & all of the details...so clever to use the hat pattern this way.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love banners. Great to use the negatives of the stars and of course the stitching!

    ReplyDelete