Friday, February 24, 2012

Happy Days - Sketch Support

I am so excited to post this layout. You know the feeling you get when you create something you love? Well for me, this layout is one of those things. It all comes down to the photo I used on this page.

This week it is one-page week at Sketch Support and here is the sketch that we used.

one-page(FEB) 2012

Here is my layout. I just love how it turned out. I have many hours in this one because of all the stitching on the background, but the photo is what makes me smile the most. It is a photo of my youngest son, Matt! He runs from the camera a lot, so we don't have very many great shots of him. I had some professional photos taken this past fall, and this is by far my favourite photo of him.

IMG_5845

I used one of my favourite collections from Echo Park to create my layout. You can see a little close-up of the stitched background. Most people won't even know it is there, but it makes me happy. I used some nice chunky chipboard letters in my title......I sanded the edges and then inked them before I stuck them to my page.

IMG_5847

I also love using this thin twine from May Arts. It just seems to go with everything and adds a little detail when you need something subtle.

IMG_5848

Journaling is something I used to leave off my pages in the past. I am so glad that I have been including it on all my layouts lately.

IMG_5849

Be sure to visit the Sketch Support site and check out all the layouts using this weeks sketch.


Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful LO! Love eveything you have put on this! The colours are just perfect for this young handsome guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page Carolyn showing off your son. Your stitching in the background is a labour of love, wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to use that Echo Park line. I love the journalling strips too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just incredible, Carolyn! Awesome layout. Isn't that feeling you get when you create something you're proud of the best?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh, I missed seeing your awesome layouts! This is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this layout Carolyn! All the details are gorgeous!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is simply great! Wonderful detail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you substituted the heart with the diamond grid...and I love your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great photo of your son and a beautiful layout! Extra kudos for all that stitching, it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can you come convince my son to let someone take his picture :) LOVE this layout and the stitching was the first thing I noticed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the finished product Carolyn, awesome page!

    ReplyDelete