Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Happiness - The Cutting Cafe

Happy Tuesday everyone! Here is Ontario, Canada we are have some amazingly mild January weather. Usually we are experiencing below zero temperatures and when you factor in wind chills, it is even colder.......instead we are enjoy above zero temperatures! I hope it stays like this until April :)

Today I would like to share my layout that I created using some amazing printable stamps from The Cutting Cafe. This week the team had the opportunity to work with the Long Sentiment Tags.

long sentiment tags 2

Long Sentiment Tags

I used a sketch from Sketchy Thursday's to create my layout. You can check out the sketch here.

IMG_4328

I chose the 'Remember to' design from the sentiment tags and printed it the same size that the file comes in. To mark off the boxes I punched out some small flowers using my 1/2-inch circle punch and used foam adhesive to pop them up.

IMG_4331

I hand cut the bird and flowers out of the paper and added stitching to the birds wing and popped everything up using foam adhesive. I wrapped some twine around my page a couple of times and tied a bow and then added a button for extra detail.

IMG_4329

As you can tell, I love to add stitching for extra dimension. I used black to stitch around the edges of this die-cut. I also added a stamped border around my page when I had everything in place.

IMG_4330

I added another bird/flower cluster at the top of the photo for balance. I also added some stitching to the letters to help them stand out a bit better.

IMG_4332

Be sure to visit The Cutting Cafe blog to see all the creations from the design team (this will be posted on Wednesday).


Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout and beautiful photo of Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous page...Amanda is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to use that list, terrific layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You did an amazing job showcasing the long tag sentiments. Love your layout. Looking forward to seeing more of your Cutting Cafe creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it, Carolyn! You should link it up to the Sketchy Thursdays blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the simplicity and beauty of your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome layout Carolyn! Wow--love all the stitching on the letters!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous layout! I love all the little details :)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't she cute?!! I love what you did with the list too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful page & adorable photo. I love the colors you've used & how you've used the tag. It adds the perfect touch to the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is one amazing layout....all of the elements are perfect and she is beautiful...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your LO is simply amazing!! I wish I could create a LO half as good LOL!!
    I am blown away by all the extra details you added...all the stitching is beautiful and such a nice touch!
    Beautiful job with the Long Sentiment Tag...you showcased it in a FAB way!

    ReplyDelete