Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Visit To Supperworks!

I was lucky enough this week to get an extra day off and my mom and I had the opportunity to try out SupperWorks. I had heard great things about it and I really wanted to give it a try.

My mom belongs to some special group and she can get free tickets and other goodies, so when SupperWorks came up, she jumped at the chance to go. After she committed to the date, she realized that it was in Toronto.......oops! I didn't see the problem. It was located very close to Sherway Gardens, so we made a day of it. A BIG thank you to Shelby for covering the store for me. It was in great hands and I really appreciated the time with my mom!

Here is a photo of one of the stations where you put together the different recipes.


My mom went first. They served us a glass of wine (I was the designated driver, so I passed).

There was a bunch of items to add to our chicken......but the cool thing was we didn't have to chop any of it, or shop for any of it.

Then it was my turn......don't I look good in my apron?

I am adding some cranberry sauce.

Everything was added to this zip-lock bag and sealed up tight.

Then we put a label on the front with cooking instructions. This dish could be cooked in the crockpot or the oven.

Here is a photo of the recipe that we followed.

When we were done (took a total of about 10 minutes) we drank our wine, sampled some soup and chatted with the other 'chefs'.

I made the chicken for dinner tonight and it was delicious. Even Jason ate it, which is really amazing. It was great to spend some time with my mom, outside the store. I helped her out with some Christmas shopping and got a jump start on mine too. I hope we get another opportunity to do it again soon.


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Glad you got to spend some special time with your Mom. Looks yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you had the opportunity to spend a day away from work with your mom. It looks like you both had lots of fun!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very kewl Carolyn, thanks for sharing. Nice that you and your mom got to spend the day together. :)

    ReplyDelete