Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My First Publication :)

A few months ago I was asked if I would create a layout based on a sketch by Allison Davis (I am her #1 fan) to be published in an online magazine. I was asked by Allison herself, which was such a huge honor.

She sent me this sketch:

ScrapStreet Sketch

This is what I created:

Out For Publication in ScrapStreet.com Magazine

Supplies: Paper, Alphabet, Stickers, Brads: Karen Foster Design, Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Paper, Ink: Tim Holtz (Ranger Industries), Markers: American Crafts, Font: Bradley Hand ITC, Other: die cuts. Tools: Stamp: Close To My Heart, Other: sewing machine.

I completely enjoyed working with this sketch. Allison's sketches really inspire me and bring out the best in my scrapbooking.

You can check out the article, my layout and the other layouts that were submitted using the same sketch. Click here to visit ScrapStreet!

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations Carolyn, it's a really beautiful layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn, that is absolutely gorgeous. I love that sketch too! I see it ending up in my books somewhere!! Thanks for sharing your version and congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the Publication! Wow! What an amazing week for you!!! DT and a publication!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your layout in the publication and it was vey nice. I first became aware of your layouts when we were in Allison's online class. I love your work. I also like that you have older boy layouts.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very exciting Carolyn! I love that layout!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete