Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Movie Club Review!

It has been a while since I did a movie review. The girls and I did get together in March, but I ended up leaving the movie early because I wasn't feeling the best. I probably shouldn't have gone in the first place.

Tonight's get together was very last minute. It was Joanne's turn to pick and with us having such a busy month at the store we didn't even know if we would get a chance to get together with our club members. Thankfully it worked for everyone and we all made it.

Before I get to the movie review I want to fill you in on a little conversation I had with Jay (middle son) this evening. He has been out job hunting and one of the places that he has applied is the Galaxy! He had an interview on Saturday evening, that he felt went really well. We found out on Monday that the Galaxy had called one of his references (because he called to tell Jay) so we are hoping that is a good sign. Jay was also heading to the movies tonight and before we left he told his dad that if the Galaxy called tonight......tell them he is at the movies. We continued to joke and make up scenarios.......like how they would come into the theater and call out his name and announce to everyone that he got the job! We both have our fingers crossed that he hears something soon.

Anyways......on to the review! Joanne picked The Last Song! I didn't know this until recently, but there is a book and it is written by the same author that wrote The Notebook and A Walk To Remember. These are two of my favourite movies (I don't read books). I was very excited to see this movie and I had no idea what it was about. I knew that Miley Cyrus was staring in it and that was good enough for me.

I don't want to give you too much information, but basically Ronnie (Miley) and her brother stay with their dad for the summer and Ronnie is not happy about it. She meets this 'hunk of a guy' and falls in love. There is a lot more that goes on, but you get the idea. I highly recommend that you bring tissues, because you are going to need them.

I rate this one a 9! It was fabulous..........thanks Joanne, great pick! Oh by the way, we made a new rule with the movie club......whoever picks the movie has to supply the necessary amount of tissue required. Hope you get a chance to get out and see this one!


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. It was a fabulous movie and a good time with the club! I did have a pocket full of tissues, but you were way at the other end of the row!

    ReplyDelete