Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

Happy Easter everyone! It was a strange one for us. Jason had a hockey tournament in St. Catherine's so we spent it in a hotel. As of Saturday night, we were out of the running for the trophy, so we were on the road home by noon on Sunday.

My sister had phoned on Saturday night, wondering what time we would be home and wanted to know if we wanted to come to her house for dinner on Sunday. Amanda and I joined them for a wonderful ham dinner (we were tired of restaurant food).

Before we went over to my sisters, I gave my kids their Easter treats......they are getting a little older now, but they still enjoy a few Easter goodies.

I found these cute Easter bags at Walmart and I filled them with some of their favourite candies. I also bought (I know, I should have made them) a cute card and put some money inside so they could do a little shopping.

I was glad that we were able to go over to my sisters and spend some time with my family, but I didn't have anything to contribute to dinner and all the stores were closed. I ran to my scrapbook room and whipped up a card for my mom and Tracy. I also had an extra Easter treat bag, so I filled it with treats for Payton. It was meant to be.

Here is Payton, posing for a photo with her Easter basket. She is growing up so fast.

It was a wonderful weekend. I was thankful that we were all together. We spent lots of time at the rink (I love watching Jason play hockey), we enjoyed some great company with our hockey friends, I spent lots of time with my hubby and my kids, I was able to join my sisters and parents for an Easter dinner, and I even did a little cardmaking in between. It doesn't get much better than that.

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear about Jason's loss, but I am so happy that you had a wonderful Easter. The treat bags are just too cute (I am sure you could have made them if you had the time!) and I love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you had a wonderful easter...

    ReplyDelete